I give talks on the following topics:
- Who’s Who. I was Editor of The International Who’s Who for 25 years and discuss how we compiled it as well as the way they edit the British Who’s Who.
- The Royal Society of Portrait Painters. I take groups round the annual exhibition of The Royal Society of Portrait Painters at the Mall Galleries, which I have promoted since 2002 . The next exhibition will be held from 9th to 24th May 2019.
- The Honours System. I do TV and radio pieces on the twice-yearly honours lists which were useful in choosing the British entries in The International Who’s Who. I last gave this talk to the ESU, Dartmouth House in September 2017.
- Mutiny on the Bounty. I have a family connection with Captain Bligh and re-enact scenes from the three films in an hour-long talk which I have given to numerous clubs and societies and also scripted and fronted a three hour evening at the Cinema Museum on this in 2014. I gave it at St Paul’s Church, Covent Garden in 2016, to the Worshipful Company of Master Mariners on HQS Wellington in January 2017 and last to the Naval and Military Club on 20 November 2018. The ESU and the Army and Navy will be holding this talk in 2019 too.
- The Royal Family and Monarchy on Screen. I am a royal commentator used by CNN, the BBC and Sky as well as radio and lecture on royal matters. I gave a talk at the Oxford and Cambridge Club on 8th September 2015 when the Queen became our longest ever reigning monarch and have lectured to the University of Syracuse several times on royal matters. I gave a Monarchy on Screen talk at the Lansdowne, Oxford and Cambridge and Cavalry and Guards Clubs and at Westminster Library in 2017 and at U3A, Hampstead in April 2018. I discussed this topic on Tour the Thames organised by the Museum of London on 3rd June.
- “Swords and Sandals” epics. I discuss the most prominent films in this highly publicised and controversial genre. I scripted and fronted an evening on these films at the Cinema Museum in 2014. I gave this talk at Westminster Library, repeated it at the Oxford and Cambridge Club and gave it to U3A, Hampstead in October 2017.