I give talks on the following topics:
- Who’s Who. I was Editor of The International Who’s Who for 25 years and discuss how we compiled it as well as the way they edit the British Who’s Who.
- The Royal Society of Portrait Painters. I take groups round the annual exhibition of The Royal Society of Portrait Painters at the Mall Galleries, which I have promoted since 2002 . The next exhibition will be held from 6th to 15th May 2021.
- The Honours System. I do TV and radio pieces on the twice-yearly honours lists which were useful in choosing the British entries in The International Who’s Who. I last gave this talk to the U3A, London in 2020.
- Mutiny on the Bounty. I have a family connection with Captain Bligh and re-enact scenes from the three films in an hour-long talk which I have given to numerous clubs and societies and also scripted and fronted a three hour evening at the Cinema Museum on this in 2014. I gave it at St Paul’s Church, Covent Garden in 2016, to the Worshipful Company of Master Mariners on HQS Wellington in January 2017, to the Naval and Military Club in November 2018 and to the ESU in Eastbourne in 2019.
- The Royal Family and Monarchy on Screen. I am a royal commentator and lecture on royal matters. I gave a talk at the Oxford and Cambridge Club on 8th September 2015 when the Queen became our longest ever reigning monarch and have lectured to the University of Syracuse several times on royal matters. I gave a Monarchy on Screen talk at the Lansdowne, Oxford and Cambridge and Cavalry and Guards Clubs and at Westminster Library in 2017 and at U3A, Hampstead in 2018 and virtually to U3A London 2021. It will next be given to the In and Out in February 2021. I discussed this topic on Tour the Thames organised by the Museum of London.
- “Swords and Sandals” epics. I discuss the most prominent films in this highly publicised and controversial genre. I scripted and fronted an evening on these films at the Cinema Museum in 2014. I gave this talk at Westminster Library, repeated it at the Oxford and Cambridge Club and gave it to U3A, Hampstead in October 2017 and the National Liberal Club on 2nd October 2019.