I give talks on the following topics:
- Who’s Who. I was Editor of The International Who’s Who for 25 years and discuss how we compiled it as well as the way they edit the British Who’s Who.
- The Royal Society of Portrait Painters. I take groups round the annual exhibition of The Royal Society of Portrait Painters at the Mall Galleries, which I have promoted since 2002 . Next year’s exhibition will be held from 10th to 25th May 2017.
- The Honours System. I also do TV and radio pieces on the twice-yearly honours lists which were useful in choosing the British entries in The International Who’s Who. I last gave this talk to the ESU, Dartmouth House on 12 September 2017.
- Mutiny on the Bounty. I have a family connection with Captain Bligh and re-enact scenes from the three films in an hour-long talk which I have given to numerous clubs and societies. I gave it at St Paul’s Church, Covent Garden in 2016 and last to the Worshipful Company of Master Mariners on HQS Wellington on 9th January 2017.
- The Royal Family, Monarchy on Screen. I am a royal commentator used by CNN, the BBC and Sky as well as radio and lecture on royal matters. I gave a talk at the Oxford and Cambridge Club on 8th September 2015 when the Queen became our longest ever reigning monarch and have lectured to the University of Syracuse several times on royal matters. I first gave this at the Lansdowne Club and next at the Oxford and Cambridge Club on 14th November, Westminster Library on 23rd November, Cavalry and Guards on 29th November and U3A Hampstead on 16th April 2018. I discussed this topic on Tour the Thames organised by the Museum of London on 3rd June.
- “Swords and Sandals” epics. I discuss the most prominent films in this highly publicised and controversial genre. I scripted and fronted an evening on these films at the Cinema Museum in 2014. I gave this talk at Westminster Library, repeated it at the Oxford and Cambridge Club and gave it at U3A, Hampstead in October 2017..